Technical Services Engineer
We have a vacancy for a Technical Services Engineer based out of our Lake Barrington, IL (USA) office. If you have suitable experience and skills, then we’d like to hear from you.
This is a hybrid role based from our MK Test Systems Americas location in Lake Barrington, IL.
Full / part time:
Full time, Mon-Fri.
MK Test Systems designs and manufactures automated electrical test equipment for the Aerospace, Rail, Electric Vehicles and Oil & Gas industries. With over 30 years of experience developing complex systems in use with many leading manufactures throughout the world, MK Test has an enviable reputation for innovation and success.
We are currently expanding to meet demand and require an additional permanent Technical Services Engineer to join our team to ensure the Customer Installation, Acceptance Testing and our lab-based repair service and business processes are meeting our customer demands.
This position provides great exposure to many high-tech manufacturing industries including our customers in aerospace, defense, rail, e-vehicle, and more. A degree in electronics / electrical engineering or equivalent technical qualification and/or experience is required.
To learn more about life as an MK Test employee, visit our company page.
Technical Services Engineer Job Description
Technical Service engineers will perform customer installation and test of new equipment and provide customer training concerning best-practice uses. Other roles include calibration of equipment, scheduled maintenance to prevent mechanical and electronic malfunction, and analysis and repair of equipment that may have failed unexpectedly.
This position is based in our offices in Lake Barrington, IL and may require extensive travel to satellite locations, including factories and other sites as required by customers. As a customer-facing engineer, you need to have well-developed communications skills to interact with on-site customer personnel.
Job Duties of a Technical Services Engineer
Using visual cues, computer software programs and diagnostic tools, service engineers conduct routine or scheduled inspections of machines and equipment both in our labs and at customer locations. They test components using measuring devices, such as multimeters, to determine whether parts are faulty. Advanced electrical and electronic knowledge will allow you to troubleshoot and solve issues, which may be explained in system manuals or through work orders issued by the company.
- Delivery & installation of customer systems on site efficiently, including acceptance testing.
- Demonstrate functional capabilities and provide training to end users.
- Conducting annual calibration of equipment at customers site and/or at our MK Test lab location, producing certificates and ensuring systems are safe and operating correctly.
- Follow technical work instructions and specifications to diagnose issues, carrying out repairs to ensure test equipment is operating within set standards.
- Ensuring equipment works to specification, as set by our Technical/Lead System Engineers.
- Carry out sub assembly component and system repairs on site and at base.
- Liaising with UK head office for repair and replacement part status updating customers with forecast repair dates.
- Writing and correctly filing test documentation, including site visit reports and calibration certificates.
- Monitor company service desk software for the timely response of customer enquiries and support.
- Carry out training on customers site to ensure users are operating equipment correctly and in a safe environment.
- Liaising with the Sales Department to understand customer requirements and operating environment, etc.
- Liaising with Project engineers to influence the FAT’s, Verification tools and Calibration Requirements to complete checks pre delivery.
- Proactively monitoring customer system calibration & service schedules informing customers prior to renewal/expiration.
- Undergo technical training as required to maintain up-to-date knowledge of systems, legislation and company documentation and policy.
- Act as ambassador for MK Test Systems identifying future opportunities to the sales team.
- Report on monthly progress reports including KPI’s.
- Carry out any other task within scope and spirit of the position.
How to apply:
Please send your resume and cover letter to Joe Kane, Regional Director, MK Test Systems Americas (email@example.com)