Software Engineer in Test summary
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Software Engineer in Test seeking their next challenge to join a leading organisation working with the latest Microsoft Technologies as we embark on the next generation of our software. We are looking for individuals that want ownership and accountability, value code quality, open discussion and are curious and passionate about the products we deliver. The working location will be flexible involving an office / home split averaging 3-4 days per week in the office. You will work as part of an engineering project team to deliver robust and innovative technology solutions to MK Test System customers worldwide.
MK Test Systems, based in Wellington, Somerset (near Taunton), design and manufactures automated electrical test equipment for the Aerospace, Rail, Electric Vehicles, Oil & Gas industries. With over 30 years of experience developing complex systems in use with many leading manufacturers throughout the world, MK Test has an enviable reputation for innovation and success and are winners of the Tech South West AeroTech 2022 award. If you want to work at a company that values the employees and have every possible opportunity to learn new skills and progress your career, then this is a role you need to consider.
As a Developer in Test your main responsibilities will involve:
- Take ownership for defining and delivering an automated test suite for a new product development
- Working closely with the development teams, carrying out a mixture of manual UI based, and automated script-based tests on MK Test Systems products, tracking issues and reporting to the Software team
- Communicating in a timely manner with the development & sales teams regarding test output and follow-on steps
- Use and extend MK Test Systems Continuous Delivery System to assess software quality and readiness for deployment.
- Leading, developing and contributing to test strategies, including the assessment of technologies and methods used for the continuous integration, test and delivery pipeline.
- Developing, maintaining, updating and executing test plans and associated V&V activities.
- Analyse deployment scenarios and customer requirements for software and produce and execute test cases under controlled conditions
- Investigating and performing root cause analysis of reported issues.
- Testing various areas of MK Test products, including inter-process communications, user experience, automated program generation
- Develop new strategies to validate all aspects of the lifecycle of MK Test Systems software
- Assist with training end users both in the UK and abroad
- Test experience including automated testing frameworks
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail
- Positive attitude and enthusiasm to learn new skills and technology
- Experience with some of the following:
- Continuous Integration Systems such as Team city or similar
- Developing and executing C# unit and integration testing
- Issue tracking systems, such as Jira or similar
- Configuration Management , such as git
Desirable skills and experience
- Graduated with a BSc Software Engineering or a similar numerical degree (2:1 or above)
- 2+ years professional software experience (commercial or academia).
- Experience with automating application deployment and environment configuration management
- Software verification and deployment techniques
- DevOps experience
£35 – 45k per annum, dependent on experience.
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity pay
- 5% Employer pension contributions. Matching scheme available up to 8%.
- Professional Membership Reimbursement
- Cycle2Work Scheme
- Technology Voucher Scheme
- Holiday trading
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Salary Extras platform – access to discount vouchers
- Enhanced Company Sick Pay (12 weeks)
- Free onsite parking
- Death in Service (4 x Salary)
- Help yourself fruit
How to apply for the Software Engineer in Test role
To apply for this role, please send your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.