Senior Software Developer
We currently have a vacancy for a Senior Software Developer at our Wellington, Somerset (UK) HQ. If you have suitable experience and skills, then we’d like to hear from you.
This is a hybrid role involving an office / home split averaging 2-3 days per week in our head office – ATE House, Wellington, Somerset, TA21 9AD.
Full / part time:
Full time – 38hr working week, Mon-Fri.
Salary and benefits:
- Salary TBC
- 25 days holiday (incl. Christmas shutdown) + bank holidays
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity pay
- Annual shutdown between Christmas and New Year
- 5% employer pension contributions, matched up to 8%
- Full training in MK Test System’s products
- Friendly and professional team to support you
- Holiday trading scheme
- Free on-site car parking
- Purpose-built facilities including shower and break room
- Overtime paid beyond the standard week (dependent on department)
- Death in Service benefit
- Company sick pay
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Technology voucher scheme
- Professional membership reimbursement
- 2 days annual volunteering leave
- Free fruit
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Salary Extras platform – access to discount vouchers
About MK Test Systems:
MK Test Systems designs and manufactures automated electrical test equipment for the Aerospace, Rail, Electric Vehicles and Oil & Gas industries. With over 30 years of experience developing complex systems in use with many leading manufactures throughout the world, MK Test has an enviable reputation for innovation and success and are winners of the Tech South West 2022 AeroTech Award.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Software Developer seeking their next challenge to join a leading organisation working with the latest Microsoft Technologies as we embark on the next generation of our software.
If you want to work at a company that values the employees and have every possible opportunity to learn new skills and progress your career, then this is a role you need to consider. You’ll be joining our growing team at our head office in Wellington, Somerset. To learn more about what life is like at MK, visit our company and careers pages.
We are looking for individuals that want ownership and accountability, value code quality, open discussion and are curious and passionate about the products we deliver.
Senior Software Developer overview:
We are currently expanding to meet demand and require an additional permanent .Net Software Engineer to join the Engineering Team.
Working alongside other members of the software team you will be involved in the full development lifecycle on several exciting projects. The products you will be building will integrate with bespoke hardware to automatically test electrical systems. This will involve gathering requirements from internal and external stakeholders, working with the wider team to design, develop and test the company’s industry leading Automated Test Management Software products.
In addition to developing our new Microservice project you would also assist with maintaining and support the company’s legacy products, written in WPF, VB and embedded C.
Senior Software Developer – main responsibilities:
- Contribute to design for current products and be an active team player in developing future systems.
- Develop code to the required standard to support the product road map for the current generation of Automated Test Management Software
- Ensuring code quality processes and procedures are followed and adhered to, especially regarding the release and regression testing of the core product.
- Assist the Sales team in understanding customer requirements and influencing the implementation of MK Test Systems.
- Investigate opportunities for MK products and ways to improve software functionality to meet the requirement.
- Provide support and advice, onsite if necessary, to customers on both existing and new products as appropriate
Required skills, knowledge & experience:
- Good software engineering fundamentals and practical experience
- Experience in design and implementing Microservice
- Microsoft C# .Net development knowledge with WPF
- Proven track record of software development
- Good knowledge of SQL and SQL Server
- Unit testing frameworks
- Experience with Git and TeamCity
- Understanding of SOAP/RESTful Web Services
- Experience of MVVM within a WPF application
Desired skills, knowledge & experience:
- Experience with VB & embedded C
- Basic understanding of testing Electronic Circuits
- Industrial application of software
How to apply:
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com, stating which job role you are applying for in the email subject line.