RTS (Real Time Scanner) provides instant test results with minimal interface cables to check wiring during installation.
It tests wire harnesses in real time using our micro switching technology, reducing the need for high cost interface cables by around 90%. An innovative best-in-class solution for FAL testing, RTS also offers many benefits for wire harness manufacturers.
Main RTS Applications
High pin count, high connector count assemblies
Formboard harness testing
- Real-time (always on) continuity resistance
- Short circuit resistance
- Real-time feedback on connectors using customisable multi-colour LEDs
- Real-time test database allows multiple engineers to see filtered results, so they can review wiring sections relevant to them only
- Multiple tablet / PCs can be connected to the system at the same time
- Management feedback showing real-time pass / fail / complete percentages
- System adapts automatically, so connections cannot be made incorrectly
- Only one single interface cable is required
- Up to 90% fewer interface cables compared to a standard test system
- Hook up time, test time and disconnect time all reduced
- Highly visual LED indication offers real-time results
- Vastly reduced system footprint
- Small, lightweight and robust
- Reduced health and safety risks
- Lower cost of maintenance (test interface failures)
- RTS brings test points directly to the ends of the harness through a single umbilical cable, using a magnetic connector system.
- LED indication during installation offers real-time results
- High-speed switching means the test is running during installation, and is finished as soon as you are.
- Miniaturised switches are available in avionic LRU format, enabling 100% elimination of interface cabling
- Detailed reports available in real time to aid in rapid test diagnostics and repair.
- Powered by MKAT test management software, rated ‘easy to use’ by 90% of our customers.
- Can be used in conjunction with our AutoMeg range for high voltage testing.
Some of our RTS customers
“We really value the flexibility of the system and the quality of the results; the F2500 delivers exactly what we asked for.”
Zander van der Steege
Project Test Engineer, Santon Switchgear
“The MK Test solution…improves performance and streamlines manufacturing.”
Space Programs Production Manager, PZL Warszawa-Okecie
“MK are the industry standard for automated test equipment. Using their equipment has greatly improved our efficiency and accuracy when testing.”
Sales Manager, Itel Electronics
“RTS is an innovative solution compared to traditional wiring testers. It allows workload reduction by fast set-up and fast testing.”
Project Leader, Airbus
“Faster testing, easier to use, and [testing] can be performed by one person.”
An ExLRT user from Lufthansa Technik
“The MK tester is very reliable – the repeatability is what makes it valuable.”
Chief Electronics Engineer, Pandect Precision Components
“RTS is an innovative solution compared to the tradition wiring tester. It has delivered workload reduction due to faster set-up and testing.”
Digitalisation Catalyst / Project Leader, Airbus
Download RTS brochures
Download RTS product specs