The intrinsically safe one.
Safe for use on fuelled aircraft, the ExLRT® is designed with MROs in mind. It’s also specified in The Boeing Company maintenance manuals (part number XLR-9703-01).
The ultimate tool to carry out prescribed loop resistance testing on aircraft during maintenance, the ExLRT is certified by all global standards as safe for use in high-risk flammable zones. It’s small and light enough to be used by a single operator, and automatically records all test data, eliminating the need for paper records.
Main EXLRT Applications
Loop resistance testing on aircraft
Alternative to the LRT tool 906-10246-3. Both models are listed in The Boeing Company maintenance manuals (AMM).
- Boeing part number XLR-9703-01
- Alternative to BAE LRT 906-10246-3 - both tools are approved and specified by Boeing.
- 200Hz frequency
- Ex ia IiA T3 Ga (60079-11) Certified
- Loop test resistance range from 0.5mΩ to 4000mΩ
- Joint test resistance range from 0.05mΩ to 4000mΩ
- Dimensions 150mm length x 200mm width x 300mm depth (6 x 8 x 11.8 inches)
- Weight 3kg (6.6lbs)
- Large backlit LCD screen
- Text instructions to guide operator through the test when in automatic mode
- Record Mode enables recording of measurements for upload to a PC - info sheet download available here.
- View, edit and delete measurements using record mode
- Self calibration saves up to 2 months on turnaround time
- Wearable options including belt clip
- Powered by MKAT test management software, rated ‘easy to use’ by 90% of our customers.
- Battery designed to last for a full 8hr shift without requiring a recharge
- Battery can be charged without removal or after being removed from device
- Approved for use on Boeing Aircraft - named as a specified tool (XLR-9703-01) in the AMM
- Lightweight and portable – 80% lighter than LRT 906-10246-3
- Certified to all global standards as safe for use in fueled aircraft
- Single operator use
- Backlit screen for easy reading in any conditions
- Controls on the probes to speed up testing
- Removable batteries means no tool down-time
- Automatic pass/fail status indication and reporting
- Proven ROI within 12 months
- 77% reduction in time spent on data collection, management and error correction compared to an LRT.
Some of our EXLRT customers
“We really value the flexibility of the system and the quality of the results; the F2500 delivers exactly what we asked for.”
Zander van der Steege
Project Test Engineer, Santon Switchgear
“The MK Test solution…improves performance and streamlines manufacturing.”
Space Programs Production Manager, PZL Warszawa-Okecie
“MK are the industry standard for automated test equipment. Using their equipment has greatly improved our efficiency and accuracy when testing.”
Sales Manager, Itel Electronics
“RTS is an innovative solution compared to traditional wiring testers. It allows workload reduction by fast set-up and fast testing.”
Project Leader, Airbus
“Faster testing, easier to use, and [testing] can be performed by one person.”
An ExLRT user from Lufthansa Technik
“The MK tester is very reliable – the repeatability is what makes it valuable.”
Chief Electronics Engineer, Pandect Precision Components
ExLRT blog articles
Download EXLRT brochures
Product enquiry form
Request the product specification
Submitting this form will pass your details onto one of our team who will be in touch to send you the technical product data sheet(s) you've requested.