The smart one.
BLRT is a fully automatic bond, loop and joint resistance tester with built-in operator instructions.
It speeds up the testing process by diagnosing faults quickly, and automatically uploads results to production systems once all checks have passed. Recommended for testing bonds, loops and joints during the manufacture of aircraft and aircraft subassemblies.
Main BLRT Applications
Measuring resistance on aircraft & large structures such as wind turbines or infrastructure at risk from lightning strike.
Bond resistance between structural elements
Loop resistance and integrity of cable shields and bonding straps
Joint resistance diagnostics
- 200Hz frequency
- Uses 4-wire (Kelvin) resistance measurement to ensure micro-ohm accuracy
- Bond test resistance range from 0.1mΩ to 2Ω
- Loop test resistance range from 0.5mΩ to 4000mΩ
- Joint test resistance range from 0.05mΩ to 4000mΩ
- On-screen operator instructions
- Lightweight so only requires a single operator
- Paperless process logs and uploads test results, guaranteeing traceability and avoid human error
- Pass/fail status indication on couplers and bond probes
- Dimensions 345mm length x 295mm width x 150mm depth
- Weight 7kg / 15.5lbs (BLRT unit only)
- Integrated LCD 10.4” touchscreen monitor
- Smart Li-Ion “hot-swap” batteries
- Soft-start current source prevents arcing
- Auto and manual modes
- Active couplers and bond probes – no need to touch screen
- Test management software automates the test process
- Powered by MKAT test management software, rated ‘easy to use’ by 90% of our customers.
Some of our BLRT customers
“We really value the flexibility of the system and the quality of the results; the F2500 delivers exactly what we asked for.”
Zander van der Steege
Project Test Engineer, Santon Switchgear
“The MK Test solution…improves performance and streamlines manufacturing.”
Space Programs Production Manager, PZL Warszawa-Okecie
“MK are the industry standard for automated test equipment. Using their equipment has greatly improved our efficiency and accuracy when testing.”
Sales Manager, Itel Electronics
“RTS is an innovative solution compared to traditional wiring testers. It allows workload reduction by fast set-up and fast testing.”
Project Leader, Airbus
“Faster testing, easier to use, and [testing] can be performed by one person.”
An ExLRT user from Lufthansa Technik
“The MK tester is very reliable – the repeatability is what makes it valuable.”
Chief Electronics Engineer, Pandect Precision Components
“We're using BLRT to check the electrical bonding on test rig ground planes. The joint test functionality allows us to find high impedance interfaces quickly, which wouldn't be possible with a normal bond tester."
Senior Environmental, HIRF, & Lightning Qualification Engineer, Heart Aerospace
Download BLRT brochures
Product enquiry form
Request product specs
Submitting this form will pass your details onto one of our team who will be in touch to send you the technical product data sheet(s) you've requested.