We currently have a vacancy for a Production Technician at our Wellington, Somerset (UK) HQ. If you have suitable experience and skills, then we’d like to hear from you.
This role is based at our head office, ATE House in Wellington, Somerset, TA21 9AD.
Full / part time:
Full time – 38hr working week, Mon-Fri with some overtime available.
Salary and benefits:
- Salary £23k – £28k per annum, dependent on experience
- 25 days holiday (incl. Christmas shutdown) + bank holidays
- Full training in MK Test System’s products
- Friendly and professional team to support you
- Annual shutdown between Christmas and New Year
- 5% employer pension contributions, matched up to 8%
- Holiday trading scheme
- Free on-site car parking
- Purpose-built facilities including shower and break room
- Overtime paid beyond the standard week (dependent on department)
- Death in Service benefit
- Company sick pay
- Cycle2Work scheme
- Technology voucher scheme
- Professional membership reimbursement
- 2 days annual volunteering leave
- Free fruit
- Employee Assistance Programme (EAP)
- Salary Extras platform – access to discount vouchers
- Enhanced Maternity/Paternity pay
Production Technician overview:
The role of a Production Technician is to carry out planned production work including manufacturing, assembly, repairs, and testing of specialist electrical test equipment. You’ll be required to follow technical instructions including engineering drawings, work instructions and data packs.
- Manufacture, assemble and test electrical assemblies and sub-assemblies.
- Soldering electrical control boards and wiring harnesses.
- Assembling and crimping of wiring harnesses.
- Fault finding and repair of electrical and associated systems.
- Maintain workshop tools and equipment reporting failures to the Production Lead.
- Ensure all tools and equipment is within calibration date and specification.
- Correctly fill out production job cards and other documentation relating to build and quality processes.
- Adhere to company policies, procedures, and processes.
- Maintain clean work areas to maintain efficiency and safety.
- Work in a positive, efficient, and safe manner.
- Wear the appropriate PPE as directed by the Production Lead.
- Carry out any other task within scope and spirit of the position.
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- NVQ Level 3 or time served in electrical engineering/manufacturing
- Experience in working in the electronics industry
- Experience of building harnesses desirable
- Good IT skills (Microsoft Word, Excel).
- Willingness to train and develop
- Good customer/stakeholder relation skills
- Ability to multitask
- Forward thinker
- People person/interrelationship skills
How to apply:
Please send your CV and covering letter to email@example.com, stating which job role you are applying for in the email subject line.