Website MK Test Systems
The main face of MK Test Systems for our customers, this is a key role within our business. If you’re a technically capable, experienced Service Engineer then we’d like to hear from you.
Main purpose of position:
Working as part of a small team of Service Engineers your time will be divided between carrying out repairs at our head office (ATE House, Wellington) and offsite support carrying out preventative maintenance and repairs to customer systems under service contract.
You will work proactively, liaising with all internal stakeholders to expedite parts updating customers on the progress of repairs and turnaround times.
- Carrying out repairs to customer systems and spares at ATE House.
- Delivery & installation of customer systems on site efficiently, including acceptance testing.
- Conducting annual calibration of equipment at customers site, producing certificates and ensuring systems are safe and operating correctly.
- Follow technical work instructions and specifications to diagnose issues, carrying out remedial repairs to ensure test equipment is operating within set standards.
- Ensuring equipment works to specification, as set by our Technical/ Lead System Engineers.
- Carry out sub assembly component and system repairs on site and at base.
- Liaising with UK head office for repair and replacement part status updating customers with forecast repair dates.
- Writing and correctly filing test documentation, including site visit reports and calibration certificates.
- Monitor company service desk software for the timely response of customer enquiries and support.
- Carry out training on customer sites to ensure users are operating equipment correctly and in a safe environment.
- Proactively monitoring customer system calibration & service schedules informing customers prior to renewal/expiry.
- Carry out quotations for upcoming and new service contracts.
- Undergo technical training as required to maintain up-to-date knowledge of systems, legislation and company documentation and policy.
- Act as ambassador for MK Test Systems identifying future opportunities to the sales team.
- Supporting production at times of peak business
- Adhere to company policies, procedures and processes.
- Carry out any other task within scope and spirit of the position.
Knowledge, skills & experience:
- HNC/HND in electronics / electrical engineering or equivalent technical qualification.
- Excellent IT skills (Word, Excel).
- Experience working in the electronics industry ideally test equipment & support.
- Previous experience in service/support role.
- Experience in high voltage test equipment.
- Experience of electrical repair techniques including harness and PCB repairs.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills are important, as is numeracy.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office tools.
- Willingness to travel both within the UK and worldwide as required
- Willingness to train and develop
- Excellent customer/stakeholder relation skills
- Ability to multi task
- Forward thinker
- People person/interrelationship skills
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter to Paul Fishwick, Operations Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org